May 20, 2012

Ambitious Project Commenced


This could be the start of something beautiful.

Okay, I've gotten into a sudden and unexpected crochet kick. I'm not sure what has come over me. Perhaps it's a temporary condition that will come and go? But I have a vision for a crocheted granny square afghan in blues, aquas, mint, grass green, brown, taupe, grey, periwinkle, olive and perhaps a nice greeny-yellow. I think the color scheme needs a splash or two of bright, unexpected color though. I have a bunch of washable wool in my stash that I don't usually use for my other projects, so I'm going to use all that up and make something useful. I'm going to decrease my ever-growing stash!

But wait. Oh no. I weighed a completed granny square on the digital scale and then I counted how many squares I need to make the afghan. And uh...it appears a trip to the yarn store is in order. I have less than half the amount of yarn I need. So much for using up yarn in my stash!

Here is a very inspiring book I picked up last week, 200 Crochet Blocks for blankets, throws and afghans, by Jan Eaton. I think this book may be responsible for this latest affliction.

This is truly a fun, engaging exercise in color and pattern. Love it!

No comments: