May 21, 2012

After a trip to the yarn store (I managed to get away for under $100), here is the pile of yarn that it destined to be an afghan.

Everything is 100% wool, but washable wool, so it can be thrown in the washing machine. And most of it was around $4 - $5 a skein. Cheap as, mate.

It will be colorful for sure (understatement). So you may be wondering about that ball of hot pink. It doesn't really look like it belongs, does it? But I am excited about the idea of being adventurous with color and wouldn't a splash of hot pink be just the most unexpected and wonderful thing? The jury is still on the fence on this one, but I can almost see it in my mind's eye?

What do you think?

Here's a couple of initial blocks:



I really like the idea of circles. But I also like the more traditional granny square as shown on the lower photo -- far left and far right. I may combine all of them together. Why not?








No comments: