June 01, 2012

Cornucopia of Color!

Grabbing the crochet hook between the day's normal activities, plus while spending a great deal of time watching the new Sci-fi series, Stargate Universe, I've managed to complete all the large blocks for the afghan and some of the small blocks. 


For whatever reason, I'm having trouble nailing down the pattern for the small blocks, as I am going without a pattern for those (off-road crocheting) and I think I may have finally come up with a few versions that I really like.

I was starting to feel a little insecure about the cornucopia of colors I've chosen for this project (I LOVE all the colors, just wondering if they all should be playing in the sandbox all at the same time?), but now that I have arranged a few in the final pattern, I'm starting to like it more. 

I mean, this is meant to be a COLORFUL afghan and it sure lives up to that!


Lookie all the colors!

The hot pink sure is unexpected, but I'm bound and determined to leave it in there, against my normal judgement. I am, after all, working on being more adventurous with color. I'm not sure of the color I will use to put them all together. Maybe an off-white for maximum contrast? Pink? (oh no! she's really lost it now!); I'll have to think about that one a bit more.

Here is the sketch I made of the afghan in my notebook:


It's an unusual pattern, one I made up myself (I find it extremely challenging to stick to any pattern as written).

No comments: