December 15, 2009

Sparkly Sea Shells


After gathering some shells off the beach near our house, I painted them with white acrylic paint, then dusted them with silver holographic glitter and let them dry. Then I cut some small lengths of silver tiger tail (but anything like ribbon would work) and glued a loop to the back with a hot glue gun. I made about 18 of them for the tree.


This is the best photo I took, but is only about 30% of how the sparkly-ness appears to my eye. It's hard to capture just how sparkly these shells are. The holographic glitter has all the colors of the rainbow in it and the sparkle seems to be more intense at night, with just ambient lighting in the house. So I'm just imagining these babies on the tree with the tinsel and fairy lights. Oh!


We are going to get our tree today...so excited! I can't wait to see the sea fantasy tree come to life.

No comments: