April 19, 2010

Frustration

So I decided on a new pattern for my scarf, one that would show off the yarn and I came up with this cable pattern that's pretty simple, or so I thought. I got this far as of last night, only to discover with some horror that I've made an error way far back in the knitting, where I crissed when I should have crossed.
You can see that this elongated section of the pattern does not match the ones below it. My first thought was to continue thinking 'no one will notice but you,' but I will always know it's there and it will bother me, so I must rip it back and correct it.

I like the pattern. It's a bit bulkier, but I think with a nice fringe on it, it will look great when it's done.

This IS quite frustrating for me as it's tough to rip out when you are using three yarns. They twist and tangle and generally try one's patience. So I might have to do this in stages. But I am determined to get this right.

@Stacie: thanks for your suggestion! I had thought of that, but decided to do something really different instead. Perhaps I should have stuck with your simpler idea!

No comments: