August 01, 2010

I hope it's big enough!

Today, August 1st, is our seventh wedding anniversary, and the decade anniversary of our being a couple. Anthony and I got together as a couple on August 1, 2000; then were married three years later on the same day. It sure makes it easy to remember!

So it was our anniversary *and* Sunday so we decided to relax and stay in today so I spent the majority of today knitting on the sweater and so I've made great progress.





I have finished both fronts and the back and pinned it loosely together to get an idea of fit.

It is longer than I thought it would be (even after adding two inches) but I'm actually okay with the length. I think part of that is the yarn; it has a bit of give.  It just means it will be a nice laying cardi for cold days. I am a little concerned about the width of the front pieces, but I haven't added on the collar/front edging yet which looks to be at least 4 inches on both sides, so it will probably be just fine.

I *love* the color and the pattern and so I'm off to knit the cap sleeves now.

If I knitted the fronts a little wider and just added a simple border to the neck/front/armholes, it would be a nice vest cardigan just as it is. But I'll proceed with the pattern as written, except for having to compensate on the collar/front edging for the longer length.

It looks like I may have a few balls of this yarn left over. I could make a belt from the same yarn using linen stitch, which creates a nice, thick, dense sort of knitting. I'll have to see if it needs a belt after it's all done.

Or, a hat to match!

2 comments:

stacie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

Can I vote for what you should do with the extra yarn? Long sleeves! This sweater looks so yummy warm!!

I am in the process of knitting not one, not two, but three blankets for my friends who just adopted not one, not two, but three siblings. ugh! something tells me knitting the blankets is not nearly as tortuous as childrearing three chitlens

Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary! I miss you both. Would love to see a close up of this sweater...I love the pattern repeat going vertical. Beautiful. You are such a good knitter.