March 16, 2010

Lamb's Pride Joy

Oh the joys of new yarn! I ordered this armful for a special felting project and it is with such delight that I realize the colors are exactly what I wanted. That yarn that looks black is actually a deep, royal blue.

A lot of people love Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted wool. It is 85% wool and 15% mohair and comes in a huge range of colors and is great for felting. It's lovely to knit too...it just has a nice feeling in the hands as you knit it and the stitch definition is really nice too. I buy my Lamb's Pride from Paradise Fibers. They have all the colors and ship internationally. You can also go to the Brown Sheep website -- they don't sell their yarn online -- but you can use the website for color comparison and to see the full range of yarns they offer.

I'm doubly excited to receive the Lamb's Pride color charts. Now I know exactly what colors there are and what they look like. No more guessing from the computer screen.

I see they have a range of yarns (right hand column of the right hand color chart) that have slight variations in color. They are just gorgeous! (They have separated each color with a line of black yarn.)

Why am I so excited about yarn? and knitting? I have no idea. I guess I just love color and I love doing something with my hands. And making something useful. It's all mixed up in a big ball of fun for me.

No comments: