May 26, 2010

Commission Completed

I put the final touches on my commission hat tonight and it took some time to decide what colors to use in the tassle. In the end, simple red won out...everything else seemed to fight with the pattern of the hat. It's lined with windblock fleece, so it's very warm. The recipient of this hat will get to travel to Antarctica in style and warmth, with a one-of-a-kind hat.

Here's the hat...well...flat.


I get the added bonus of getting to hand off my creation to its new owner and see how it looks on her noggin. I've heard that these colors will work very well on her.

In unrelated news, we are being pelted with a big storm causing wide-spread flooding around New Zealand. At high tide, our street is almost completely flooded, but it recedes when the tide goes out. I feel sorry for all the poor farmers down south trying to keep their livestock out of harms way. Hopefully it will pass soon.

3 comments:

em said...

wow! i love it! it came out so great :)

so sorry to hear about the flooding. that's craziness. hope it all sorts itself out soon!

here we're experiencing a heat wave already (100 degrees in ct today - yikes!)

Lynn said...

The penguins on this hat turned out great! I love your colorwork too. Beautiful lid.

Stacie said...

gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!!!! so nice!!! thanks for holding me to it sister. I just got back from nyc and posted pics. also made my blog public again, so I welcome any stalkers!