May 21, 2010

Sneak Peek

My current project is blocking (the cookie cooling rack is doing double duty)...but here's a sneak peek. I'm pretty happy with it although I must admit, some things about fair isle knitting are still mysterious for me...most it's about the tension of the 'floats' in the back of the work. I used to make them too tight, but now it seems a lot of them are a bit too loose...and some are just right; the consistency is off. I would love watch a knitter who is really good at fair isle to see what they do. But blocking really helps...makes everything lay down nice and flat and hopefully it will 'mold and hold' those stitches in place.

I do love working with Cascade 220 yarn. It's really good for this kind of knitting.

Don't the penguins look like they are wearing little dutch clogs?

2 comments:

em said...

LOVE it! it looks so great :) you always amaze me with the speed at which you knit :) i think i'm still the worlds slowest knitter - haha!

Stacie said...

I love it! can't wait to see a picture of the whole thing!! Love the braid as well, that is one of my favorite things to do with knitting. The penguins look like they might dance right off the hat.