May 08, 2010

Nature's Delights

Just appreciating nature today. I whacked the end off a rather giant celery and was taken by the loveliness of the design that resulted.

Also walking in Lyttelton this morning, found a fuschia bush quite unlike any I've ever seen. The flowers are so delicate; I call it the 'fairy fuschia.'







It's been a lovely birthday so far. Lots of wishes from friends and family in far off places and a fun morning going to the market and shopping in Lyttelton with a friend. Unexpected present and lunch. A celebratory Kiwi trifle (with candle) and presents from my husband. A fragrant little package in the mail from a friend in Wellington. I think I need a nap!

2 comments:

em said...

looks like your birthday was great! i'm glad that you had a nice day :)

i LOVE the shot of the celery!

many happy returns!!! :)

Stacie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Christine, so glad you are having a great day (I mean, yesterday), but it should continue for the next 364 anyways!
love you!
Stacie