March 13, 2008

Smitten


I finished these fingerless "fetching" mittens tonight. They are my first mittens ever. The pattern is good but I would add a few rows to the end of the pattern so the gloves cover more of the knuckles of the hand next time (doesn't quite cover when you bend your fingers down and the knuckles pop up).

The bind-off makes a cute, scallopy edge. My cables were mostly perfect. Somehow on the second glove, even though I was convinced I was cabling exactly as I should have been, two of the cables go the wrong direction. But the amazing thing is they ended up on the bottom of the glove so from the top, no one will EVER know!

Click on the word link above if you would like the pattern.

Ok, so I haven't exactly been a good blogger the past week. But I've been distracted. This is what has distracted me: Harry Potter book #7, buying a bathing suit (don't get me started on this one!), scrapbooking, messes in the house, the garage, sleep, cat videos on YouTube, catching up on emails, counting gray hairs, laundry...the list goes on.

But the thing that I HAVE to do, that I really don't want to do, truly my least favorite subject of all time is...

TAXES.

Oh yes, taxes. My hate/hate relationship. I am one of those lucky few that get to file taxes in two different countries. Oh joy! Double the fun! So this is what my living area looks like at the moment.


The only happy ending to this story is that I am actually doing this early...and not two days before they are due.

Let this be a reminder to all to get started. It's much nicer when it's done.

I'm happy to report no strange noises in the middle of the night for the past few nights since the garage door came alive.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

looks like you are organized with your piles around you on the floor though! love the gloves, very cute, what are you going to "fetch" with them?